Friday, November 6, 2009

The House Hunt

(Note: I started this post back on October 9th, and never got around to finishing it. I am going to post this now, but at some point, re-date it to the 9th so it can be in order.)



Yes, I know I haven't finished blogging about our trip East. But I've been busy ... house hunting! After many days (and two very patient Realtors), Emi and I found our house. Whew. I have to say, she's been a champ through all this. I wish I had more pictures of her seeing houses but well, I was busy looking - very carefully - at the houses too. She really got into it. Inspecting closets, bathrooms, the kitchens. She really inspected things like other children's toys! We went back and forth, older or brand spankin' new. I had it narrowed down to just two, finally, when I just needed to jump and make the decision. So, I hope it's the right one ......


Front of the house ~~ Emi running around in the backyard
Both still need sod, the backyard needs the fence


Now the real decisions begin. I need to pick out paint colors, carpeting, hardwoods, and (probably) many other things. I am excited about it, but a bit nervous too. I've never done something like this before. We are hoping to be in the house by Thanksgiving, but more realistically, we have been told that it will be more like the end of November. But, I am holding out for earlier, we need to get OUT of this rental apartment. It's just really tiny, and both Emi and Max need to be outside more than we can get them there.

P.S. Jeff did have a say in the houses. With the new job keeping him hopping he only looked at a couple, but he trusts me (yikes, no pressure!) and knows I will find the best house I can for our family. He also said "if you are happy with whatever you find, I will be too". Oh melt my heart. There's many reasons he's such a keeper, comments like that one are WAY up on the list.

5 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

Oh, good job! It's GORG. And picking out all your own colours...what fun!!! Keep us updated. :-)

Why Do We Even Have That Lever? said...

wow! nice pick! have fun picking out everything...

Magi said...

Very nice! Congrats!

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

I can't wait to see more pictures. I love the setting! You're going to have so much fun!

Gina (Caleeo) said...

OMG, it is awesome! Can't wait to visit! Until then, I want to hear all about it - does it have a basement? Main floor laundry? Open floor plan? How big is the lot? Is it in a neighborhood? I could go on, but will save more questions for another round.