Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween

So, a week late but thought I should post "What We Did for Halloween". I've read all the cute posts, seen all the cute pictures on the blogs and thought I should share. Except.

  • Emi didn't go trick-or-treating
  • Emi didn't wear a costume
  • Emi handed out candy to exactly ZERO kids*

Yeah, Halloween wasn't thought out very well this year. We completely blew it. We did, however, manage to buy Mama something totally outrageous and awesome.


2010 Honda CRV.
Oh, baby.

Not the greatest picture, but I will get more soon (ha, trust me on that). Jeff wanted a Prius, or even an Insight. I wanted to rock and roll, have a hatch back of some kind (yes, both of those do have one) and sit up a bit higher. This is totally a fun, we don't need something this big, kind of thing. There is zero reason for this, except I wanted it. (smile)

Poor Jeff.

But, ooooh, I am loving it. Well, except that we drove up to Drew's yesterday. 3/4 of a tank of gas later ... ouch. But it was worth the drive, Emi loved seeing Drew (she woke up yesterday at SIX am, stop laughing mom, and her first word was .... DEW?!). Yeah, there's some hero worship going on there. Helps when he lives 2.5 hours away and never has to say no to her. No wonder she thinks he's so wonderful!

So, how does this all tie into Halloween? This is what we did for five hours on Halloween afternoon. We missed the first wave of trick-or-treaters (the cute ones that Emi and I would have enjoyed - we put Jeff on door duty after our first attempt).

We needed to go back on Sunday to pick up Mama's Sweet Ride. So while Jeff was moving Emi's car seat from the Ford to the Honda, I needed something for Emi to do. While she and I were transferring stuff from one car to the other, we came across my umbrella. That was the end of Emi's help. But, she had a complete blast and I took about 40-50 pictures!

Special Announcement: The dealership is closed on Sundays so we had the place to ourselves (that tidbit is for anyone about to give me grief for allowing her to run around in the parking lot).




Just running around, chasing the wind-blown umbrella


Hiding Emi, love the toes ... love her peeking out!


My favorite



THANKS HONEY!!!



*Only because the first kid to knock on the door scared the @&%# outta her. Maybe if kids are old enough to dress up that scary, they are too old to be out? It was pretty scary, and bloody. I didn't blame her.

7 comments:

Mommy, I'm Home said...

You'll have to tell me how you like the CRV. I'm thinking of buying one in the fall. It's that or another Odyssey.

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Seriously nice ride!!!! I am sure you are LOVING it big time. Cute pics too - Emi is getting so big!

Aunt LoLo said...

Little jealous of the car!! I've got "a minivan" on my wishlist. *dreaming*

ADORE the pics of Emi with the umbrella!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I have a CR-V!!! And I love it! How do you like yours so far?

Louanne said...

That is so cute and congrats on the cool ride.

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

Congratulations Kiy - SWEET! Great pictures of Emi too!

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.