Monday, September 14, 2009

On the road ...

Well, forgot to take a picture yesterday before departure, will try to remember to get one today. Our little car is packed to the gills, holding more than it's ever held before. Every time we open the trunk it's best to jump back as you never know what's going to fall out! Looking at our car, I feel like the Clampett's!

Emi did so-so yesterday. I do feel that part of it is that we are so jam packed. She enjoyed her dvd's, of course, and played quite a bit with her new Aqua-Doodle (many thanks to Magi for that tip! --- BTW, if you haven't yet read her post on the whole 'Obama talking to the students debate' it's worth the read. She said everything I was thinking, and more). The trooper of the trip has been Max. Never really a car-loving dog, he's been pretty resigned to riding. He's done remarkably well in the hotel rooms and just hanging out with us. Poor ol' guy, he's probably getting used to his crazy people, moving all the time. I didn't even say to him this time that this was the last time. I keep saying that to him and then, poof, we move again. We are hoping, though, that this really is it.

We did Washington, Oregon and Idaho yesterday. Goal today is to finish Idaho (we are in Boise) and get into Utah. We have about another 300 miles of Idaho yet to do and only about 100 miles of Utah. Would be nice to get them both done today, but we will see how it goes.

If I can figure out the new Blackberry and remote posting, I will try to get some pictures up later.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Glad to hear you are on the road. Hope day two is going as well as day one.

Why Do We Even Have That Lever? said...

aquadoodle! i'll have to find or get another mini one for zach! Danica always just sucked the water out of the pen...

Lythrum said...

Glad you're on the way, drive safe! :)

Magi said...

Sounds like it's going pretty well. I set up my blog's email address as a contact on my Blackberry with the name blog. Then I just send an email and it posts. The subject line becomes the title. It's how I blogged on our cross-country drive.