Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Obsessions & Revelations

Tamy gave me an award awhile ago, but I didn't realize it (oops). I really need to pay attention better! I thought it was so sweet what she said about me, and I wanted to share it.

There is always something creative going on and I love how she wears her heart openly.


Awfully darned sweet of her, and you know, I didn't know that about me. I guess I am a soft-hearted sap, and I am okay with that! :)

For this award, I am supposed to list 5 things I am addicted to, and 5 blogs I am addicted to. I thought this would be difficult but I found I have a list a mile long. But, since I am just supposed to list five, I will stick to that.

1. Counted Cross-Stitch - No big surprise there. What's surprising is my total lack of time to work on my projects. It is something I am working on now that Emi is older. I miss it and so completely enjoy my time when I am stitching.
2. My cell phone - I didn't realize quite so much until this happened. I talk to my mom at least every couple of days. Some weeks, it's every day. Let's just say, I miss unlimited calling - good thing she has it and can call me back! But really, what it has is just about every number I need - Emi's doc, Max's vet and groomer, phone numbers of folks I don't call as much as I should, etc.
3. Travel - I tend to get this itch and then start twitching if I don't have something going, something planned, something at least brewing in the back of my mind. It doesn't have to be elaborate say like that little trip we took to China, it can be something as little as taking Emi to the aquarium in Seattle. I have a few things brewing now, one of which will be happening soon I just haven't decided which one (Seattle Pier, Tacoma Zoo or ... Yellowstone!)
4. Good Friends - I truly feel that good friends, really really great friends in fact, are the family that you choose. I am close to the little bit of family I have left, and always thought I'd have a big family. So, I am making that family! I have a small circle of people that I can call seriously wonderful friends. The kind that would drop anything and come running if I asked, the kind that could and would talk for hours on the phone if I needed/wanted, the kind I can bear my soul to. Strangely enough, few of these friends know each other as they live all over the place. But, it's so great to have these people in my life.
5. Ice Cream - There, I've said it. Out loud. I really am. I need to not be, but I just can't help myself. My mom recently told me about Edy's (Dreyer's) Yogurt Blends Ice Cream (well, not really ice cream but it tastes like it!). It rocks, and I don't feel completely guilty having a bit every single day. Because I eat this, I have to ride my recumbent bike more. Well, I should ride it more. I think about riding it more! Sadly, the bike is not on my obsessions list.

Oh and yah, I am addicted to my sweet hubby who is so amazing (and patient) and my ever-wonderful daughter (with her quick smile, quirky sense of humor and the fact that she loves giving kisses).

~~~~~

Now I am to list my addictive blogs. HA! My following list is uncontrollable! I can't seem to not add blogs because there is always something to like on (most) blogs. I have posted something similar before, so I am going to try to talk about different blogs this time (remember my Valentine's Friends Menu Plan?). These five are great reads for very different reasons, and it was so very hard to limit this list to just five.

1. Rumor Queen - it's not for everyone, as it's specifically geared to the Chinese Adoption community. It's not even for everyone in that community. Some folks live for it (me) and some it's just not their cup of tea. But I know that when we were waiting for Miss Emi I lived on that blog. I met some of my best friends there, and we still are close today. Even though we are home now with Emi, I still continue to read RQ and cheer when families receive their referral.
2. Fiddledeedee (hmmm, I still have her listed on my blog as It Coulda' Been Worse, how is it I can't get through a morning without reading her and I didn't notice the change?) - As I said, I read this blog every day. She makes me laugh, I can see exactly what is happening as I am reading, and makes me eternally grateful that Emi was not born a boy. Can you imagine? The amount of chaos now is staggering, add a Y chromosome ... nope, I can't even go there. Read her, she's laugh-out-loud funny. Just, put down the coffee first. You've been warned, I wasn't.
3. Blogs are Stupid - I have a pretty eclectic reading list. They are all over the spectrum but if they make my list they must have certain things going for them. Good writing is a must (not that folks read my blog for that, but I aspire to greatness - someday!). She makes me think, really think. She loves her boys, and roots for them, and sticks up for them, and goes to bat for them. I hope that I am her someday, a mom doing her best in a hard world of teenage mommyhood. I take away something every time I read her. I don't always agree with her, but then, I don't always agree with what everyone writes. If I wanted that, I'd read my own blog and call it a day.
4. Controlling My Chaos - I just can't get enough of Jill. She fun, has a great sense of humor, makes the coolest recipe cards ever (no really, she does, they rock!). I would love to sit with her and have a cup of coffee (in her kitchen, as she bakes too!). I know that we'd be fast friends.
5. Meredith Teagarden at The Days of You and The Things We Carried - I started reading her at first because she also had a sweetie from China. But then, her writing caught me and I had to start reading both of her blogs simply because, oh my goodness, she can WRITE! I get pulled into her stories so easily I don't realize time has gone by. This is the kind of writing I buy books for!

And there is my list. Now, considering I follow over 70 blogs (yeah, a bit overwhelming) it was hard to decide on just five. That number does not include the folks that I have on my sidebar (that I have just plain been too lazy to move to my following list). I think I am also addicted to blogging, or rather, blog reading! :)

7 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Aw, you're so sweet, Kiy. Thank you. I think I've told you before that I cross stitch too. However, I've put it down for way too long and now I need cheater glasses to be able to see well enough to do it. It's so depressing. :(

Barbara said...

Yeah I could use an addiction to my treadmill, but alas it is not to be ;)

Magi said...

I follow three of the blogs you listed. Now I have to check out the other two. :o)

Gina (Caleeo) said...

"I tend to get this itch and then start twitching if I don't have something going, something planned, something at least brewing in the back of my mind." This is absolutely, sooooo me too - but as we are quickly discovering, that should be no surprise. Jeff probably should be worried. ;)

The Things We Carried said...

New blogs to me. Congrats and now I am off to see the blogs you love!

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

LOL Better late than never I always say! Congratulations again, you deserve it. I like your addictions and choice of blogs too!

Fiddledeedee said...

You have just totally made my otherwise insanity filled day! Thank you.