Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Year Ago

This time last year, Jeff and I were on an airplane/sitting in an airport/in our hotel room in Beijing (with travel time and time zones who knows exactly what time it was then!). We were on our way to the sweetest little girl in the world. I was excited, and scared to death. I still was sure up until the moment Sweet Emi was placed in our arms that something would happen, and everything would go up in smoke. I wonder, is this a normal feeling for other parents who have gone through this process (and those still waiting)? One of the reasons we chose China was because it was stable (and really, still is even with the huge slow down). We had read too many horror stories about other countries to want to jump out of line when the slow down happened to change countries. By the time we had submitted our paperwork, it was China or nothing.

Thank goodness.


October 2008

4 comments:

Karen said...

You are so blessed!

Tracy said...

Yes, so normal (I think) to not believe it will finally happen until you get her in your arms. Happy one year!

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Absolutely to everything! I felt the exact same way - my first question to the social worker when she called on referral day was "do you have our referral?"

Lythrum said...

Oddly enough it was the same with my pregnancy...I was convinced that something would go wrong until the end. I guess I am a pessimist by nature, but then at least I am pleasantly surprised when things go okay. :)