Saturday, October 27, 2007

We made it!

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Here we are in Beijing! The flights were long, some better than others, but we are finally here. We got in about 2 hours late as Beijing was having some major weather/fog thing going so the airport was only letting one plane land per hour (at least, that’s what our pilot said). So we arrived about 11:00 pm, and after immigration, customs, luggage, and such we arrived at our hotel about 1am. We were both more than ready for a shower and bed.

This morning Jeff went on the Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City tour with most of our agency group. I elected to stay at the hotel, laze a bit and get us repacked (I was just completely wiped). Jeff said it was probably a good call on my part, but that he was happy that he went. He got some photos that will have to wait until we have a better connection to upload.

Speaking of which, we can see the blog but cannot seem to access the comments. We can, however, see that we have some just not actually read them. So, keep them coming!

Tonight’s plan is to have a group dinner at one of the restaurants in our hotel, which will be nice. Tomorrow we need to have our checked-luggage outside our hotel room by 8am and be in the lobby by 8:30. We are checking out and then spending the day at the Great Wall and a jade factory. Our plane for Chongqing leaves about 5pm so we will go right from sightseeing to the airport. Right now, we are expecting to receive our babies at 2pm on Monday afternoon. It’s getting closer!

Okay, off to get ready for dinner. More as soon as we can get Internet connection in Chongqing …. most likely AFTER we have Emi!

7 comments:

Magi said...

It's great to hear you're there! I'm a little jealous right now. I'd love some more time at the cloisonne factory near the Great Wall, and I'd love another week in Chongqing. I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to see pictures.

If you can get your email, you can go into your blog settings and set it up to email the comments to you.

Lythrum said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys made it. I know that long plane ride must have been a killer. I hope you enjoy your visit and get Emi soon. :)

Kelly & Sindy said...

So good to see you made it to
China, safe & sound!!! I am
Thrilled to be following your
Journey!!!!

Have A Wonderful Time!!!!

Sindy ( Ladybuginnebraska)

Louanne said...

Kiy - I am so excited and will be looking for photos everyday until I see you with your cutie!!!

Louanne and Nadia :)

Jonathan said...

Just found your blog. We are anxiously waiting our little one who is currently in the Fuling orphanage as well. If you get a chance to visit the orphanage and you have time, could you please take some pictures of the babies. Maybe a picture of our little Piper would be in the mix! Her name is Fu Le Jie. What a gift from God that would be...Thank you. Praying all goes well for you.
LORI

Serdic said...

I'm so excited! Thinking good thoughts for you.

Kiy said...

Lori, I tried to get to your blog to email you. When you get a moment, email me? We are going to Fuling tomorrow (our Thursday) with camera in hand. Will bring your baby's name with us and hopefully be able to get photos for you! We will take as many photos of all the babies that we can for the waiting parents and then pos then on FulingKids. But, email me so I can get you photos asap! :)

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Thanks to the ever wonderful Magi, I am now able to receive comments by email. Magically, once we got to CQ we were able to see them on the blog.

Cheers,

Kiy