Last week went well, menu plan-wise. I actually made (ready for it...) everything! Not necessarily on the night it was listed, that rarely happens, but everything was made. I am still tweaking the Chicken Merlot. I swapped the amounts of merlot and chicken broth, that was too much Merlot, so next time I think I will use half a cup of each. It was still very good, and Jeff loved it, it was just a bit much for me. Oh, and Emi loved it too. Go figure. The maple chicken was good, but we couldn't taste the maple at all, just the bbq flavor. It memory serves (rarely does!) there is maple flavoring in the spice isle, I may try that next time. It will also save on some of the sugar/calories. I will just taste the mixture to make sure it doesn't need any sweetener or something.
As always, don't forget to head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more MPM!
- Sunday: What I Didn’t Get to Last Week
- No matter how much I plan or promise myself I won’t laze out and just say, “scrounge night”, it happens. At least once a week. So, I end up with a menu and (usually) ingredients for one meal (sadly, sometimes more than one). So here is my plan to not waste anything and to use up that meal. If, on the other hand I am fabulously organized and manage to make all planned meals … I hereby declare Sunday nights PIZZA night. Order in, Kiy does nothing, Pizza night!
- This week it’s: Nothing! Plus, we are going out to dinner with friends. No cooking for Kiy!
Tuesday: Breakfast! Ham & Cheese Omelets, hash browns, fresh fruit salad
- Wednesday: Chicken Tortilla Bake (one pot meal)
- I will double this and freeze most for leftovers and easy lunches, this has become a huge fav in our household
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Friday: Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia (sick of seeing this yet? we aren't sick of eating it ... it's that good!), wild rice, Eggplant-Tomato Gratin (fresh eggplant, tomatoes and zucchini from the farmer’s market)
- Saturday: Free Nite
- Dinner with friends (rescheduled from last weekend)