Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Musings

Barbara at Candy Hearts and Paper Flowers hosts Monday Musings each week. Head on over for a visit!



If you as parents cut corners, your children will too. If you lie, they will too. If you spend all your money on yourselves and tithe no portion of it for charities, colleges, churches, synagogues, and civic causes, your children won't either. And if parents snicker at racial and gender jokes, another generation will pass on the poison adults still have not had the courage to snuff out.
~ Marian Wright Edelman

6 comments:

Shannon H. said...

So very true! Great quote.

Louanne said...

I love that quote and it's going on my blog right now.

Monique said...

What a great quote. Thank You for sharing it.

Barbara said...

Great quote, and very true. It's why I worry about some of my nieces and nephews and the adults in their lives... but that's a whole other ball of wax.

Gina (Caleeo) said...

This is absolutely awesome, and something that has certainly been on my mind for a while. I am sticking it up as well

~TAMY 3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

I wish there was a way to send this out to every parent there is!!

I recently had occasion to hear a friend of my niece's mom say, "I don't understand where she learned that" in reference to her oldest getting caught smoking. As she stood there with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth, I just stared at her in horror that she was that dense!