We didn't get to the Quick Spinach Roll-ups (ran out of week!). We also didn't get to the Almond Chicken, because we didn't get to do anything for the 4th. Emi and I decided to celebrate by having a stomach bug/flu. Funny enough (though it wasn't) we split the symptoms. Poor Emi had the yucky, disgusting, messy diapers and a bit (barely) of a fever, and a case of the grumps now and again (strangely enough, coinciding with the diaper, heh). Mama had the high high (ugh, HIGH) fever and massive aches and pains. Lucky, nothing else. Poor Jeff was on baby and mama patrol this weekend. So, no fun activities on Friday, lazing around the house on Saturday and then (once we were mostly well), pulling the house back together on Sunday to get ready for the week.
I am putting the Almond Chicken back on the menu, 'cause I really want to try it (holding the roll-ups for the following week). But since Jeff had had a hankering for burgers and dogs, he bought them on his way home from work on Thursday thinking we'd grill out sometime this weekend. Oops. But, we did do burgers tonight and they were so good! Just basic burgers, nothing fancy and I made the Healthy Macaroni Salad to go with them. Easy dinner and that salad seriously rocks!
So, here's our menu for the week. It's very simple and am going to try to eat out of our freezer and pantry (no grocery shopping!). It's supposed to be hot early in the week but get nicer later in the week so really want to plan some outings to the park with Emi. Need fast and easy for those nights!
Don't forget to head on over to Organizing Junkie's for more MPM and to find out how her week 'off' went!
- Sunday: What I Didn’t Get to Last Week
- No matter how much I plan or promise myself I won’t laze out and just say “scrounge night”, it happens. At least once a week. So, I end up with a menu and (usually) ingredients for one meal (sadly, sometimes more than one). So here is my plan to not waste anything and to use up that meal. If, on the other hand I am fabulously organized and manage to make all planned meals … I hereby declare Sunday nights PIZZA night. Order in, Kiy does nothing, Pizza night.
- This week it’s : Burgers on the grill, and the Healthy Macaroni Salad
- Monday: Hawaiian Skillet Chicken, steamed sticky rice, vege
- Tuesday: Yogurt, fruit and granola parfaits (hat tip to Dara @ http://chickinthekitchen.com/ for the reminder of how great yogurt meals are in the summer!)
- Wednesday: Almond Chicken Salad, lettuce leaves, rolls
- Maybe a picnic at the park? If there is any macaroni salad left, I could bring that too. It travels quite well.
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Friday: Subbing out the fish dinner this week for dogs on the grill, Oriental Salad, and probably frozen (but cooked!) peas or carrots for Emi (who isn’t fond of the salad yet)
- Saturday: Free Nite
- We are trying to NOT go out as much but still need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.