Wednesday we have our six-month post-placement visit (yes, to those counting the months, we are late). We have been trying to neaten up the house for that, but really, we live IN our house. It's not a show-place and it's not going to pretend to be one. We love our little house, and it looks like us ... well lived in and happy. At best, my house is clean. Things mostly end up in the place they are supposed to be. That's another reason we are tossing and Goodwilling up a storm. The less stuff we have, the neater our house is. Plus, we just don't need all this stuff. Living overseas taught us just how much we don't need.
Also, the Before & After has been postponed ... and not by me! Seems BooMama has something previously scheduled for then so she is giving us a bit more time (whooohooo). I have added and added and added to my list (poor Jeff), so I can't wait to show off all we've done. But I am going to wait to post any photos of our progress until the B&A date, tentatively rescheduled for Labor Day weekend. I can't wait. Our house is really coming together and I am loving it!
Back to MPM, I didn't even cook ONE meal last week! I did make the Oriental Salad as it's super easy and Jeff likes to take it for lunch. But other than that, nada. I am tossing together the Almond Chicken Salad for lunch today and the Hawaiian Skillet Chicken is the plan for tonight. I have big plans for cooking for this week. I've missed it (yeah, I know, sick huh?!) and really like the whole menu plan thing. It makes it so easy. I rarely make the meal on the day it's listed, maybe I should just list the meals and no days. Hmmmm, going to think on that one. But I love having the week's meals figured out ahead of time and, usually, the shopping planned out or even done for the meals.
So, that's our week in a nutshell. Here's our planned menu for the week. Hope I can do all this! Don't forget to stop by I'm an Organizing Junkie for more Menu Plan Monday!
- Sunday: What I Didn’t Get to Last Week
- No matter how much I plan or promise myself I won’t laze out and just say “scrounge night”, it happens. At least once a week. So, I end up with a menu and (usually) ingredients for one meal (sadly, sometimes more than one). So here is my plan to not waste anything and to use up that meal. If, on the other hand I am fabulously organized and manage to make all planned meals … I hereby declare Sunday nights PIZZA night. Order in, Kiy does nothing, Pizza night!
- This week it’s: Hawaiian Skillet Chicken, steamed sticky rice, vege
- We are having the Almond Chicken Salad for lunch today, I never got to it last week! It was actually pretty darned easy to make (gotta love that) as I used a pre-roasted chicken from the grocery store. It was light and summery, and definite addition to our summer menu ('course I had to taste it while I was making it!).
- Monday: Breakfast! Eggs, grits, turkey sausages and Cracker Barrel's Hashbrown Casserole
- Tuesday: Quick Spinach Roll-Ups, bread or rolls, green salad
- Wednesday: Chinese Appetizer Dinner: Homemade Egg Drop Soup, Egg Rolls, Sesame Chicken Satay, New Year Dumplings
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Friday: Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia, wild rice, carrots
- Saturday: Free Nite
- We tend to go out one nite a week, or need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.