Sunday, May 11, 2008

Menu Plan (May 11 - 17)

I have no idea where last week went. You'd think we were busy, with the little-to-no cooking that I did, but we weren't. Just lots of little around the house projects that we wanted to work on so we ended up tossing together a sandwich and feeding Emi stuff I pre-make for her (funky Mac and Cheese, hat-tip to Louanne for this tip!, frozen vege's, and last week's tomato soup ... which she adored and could not get enough of, go figure). So, two meals are back on this week's menu but I have a couple of new things I am going to try so it should be an interesting week (let's hope I get a chance to make it all!).

Have a great week everyone and don't forget to hop on over to Laura's at Organizing Junkie for more MPM!


  • Sunday: Happy Mother’s Day (I am SO not cooking … Jeff is in charge!)

  • Wednesday: Breakfast! Ricotta Pancakes, fresh (maple-flavor) sausages, orange slices
  • Thursday: Leftover Buffet
    • Seems we need a specific night for leftovers as some are going to waste and I am not making planned meals because of the leftovers. Going to take a page out of Laura’s book and set up a night like this.

  • Friday: Crab Cakes, Buttermilk Coleslaw, linguine with butter and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese (and probably frozen peas or carrots for Miss Emi)
    • This is taking the place of our usual Friday night fish dinner. We both have been thinking about crab cakes and I found this recipe I wanted to try.
  • Saturday: Free Nite
    • We tend to go out one nite a week, or need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.

No comments: