The Spicy Chicken Lo Mein, don't bother. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a bah. I don't know if the recipe was posted wrong, but there was no way that chicken was going to stir-fry, too much marinade (or rather, it was too thick). I think he meant it to actually fry ... but I don't fry anything, much less chicken going into a 'healthy' meal. If I were to try this again (and the sauce was quite tasty, so I may play around with this recipe a bit) I'd probably change the marinade to delete the cornstarch and maybe add a bit of water depending on how thick it got. YMMV
For this week I have planned two new recipes and two tried-and-trues. Have a great week everyone!
For more MPM head on over to Laura's at Organizing Junkie.
Menu Plan for Week of: May 4 - 10
- Sunday: Jules’ Homemade Tomato Soup, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches
- Monday: Baked Angel Hair with Eggplant (one-pot meal)
- Tuesday: Chicken Tortilla Bake (one-pot meal)
- Wednesday: Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia, snow peas, rice
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Seems we need a specific night for leftovers as some are going to waste and I am not making planned meals because of the leftovers. Going to take a page out of Laura’s book and set up a night like this.
- Friday: Fresh fish (whatever looks good at Yokes), usually grilled with some olive oil, a bit of ginger and soy sauce, served with udon or soba noodles, sugar snap peas or other vege. (BTW, this is now on my menu every week. We love fish, as does Emi!, and nice times out of ten I make it as above. Simple and delicious.)
- Saturday: Free Nite
- We tend to go out one nite a week, or need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.