Here is Danger Girl in action. Her Grandmom (Jeff's mom) got her this really cool car-thing for Christmas. Now that she's walking, we should push the legs together so that she can sit on it and propel herself along. Except that she's just not quite tall enough to do that yet. So we are leaving it like it is for now and she is still playing with it constantly. She loves and adores the music, she pushes it along as it's meant to. She sits on one of the legs and watches her tv programs (Backyardigans!) and does this ... It's not the greatest picture as I was scrambling to get the camera and never got the flash up. All the boxes scattered all over the room are to protect Emi from herself. Electrical wires and cords fascinate her (oh, joy) and she loves to touch the tv. So we are (currently) using boxes to block off areas we don't want her to get to. At some point we will need to do something more, but for now it seems to be working. Also, you will notice my work-out weights on the register grate. These are a new addition to our 'play room'. Little Miss Investigator was found one day, lying on her tummy sticking her tongue (!!) down the vents. We are as happy as can be that she is so interested in every-little-thing. But could she find a less (self)destructive way of learning? Haha, guess not. While she can't (yet) pick them up, she can (and does) roll them around. They have grabbed her attention from the vent, for now.
Okay, my menu for this week is going to be a really really easy one. We are trying to get a bunch of things done around the house and every day I have errands to run (getting us ready for our great Back East Adventure ... trip to Memphis and Virginia). We leave in 3 very short weeks and I still have a ton to do! BTW, if anyone was wondering, the Chicken & Eggplant Roulades from last week's menu were amazing! I ended up completely blowing off the chicken and am glad I did. I think I will continue to make it that way, if I want a meat I can always toss a chicken breast on the grill or something. But these were easier than I thought they would be. And so *totally* yummy. Jeff and I were amazed at how good it was. But then, my (our) love of eggplant has been well documented, and how can you go wrong with adding feta cheese and artichoke hearts? The only thing I will do differently next time is to use a marinara sauce. The tomato sauce just wasn't interesting enough for us I guess.
(Don't forget to check Laura's blog, Organizing Junkie) for more MPM!
Menu Plan for Week of: Mar 16 – Mar 22
- Sunday: We ended up just making a sandwich, neither of us were very hungry
- Monday: Tex-Mex Ravioli Casserole, green salad
- Tuesday: Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia, wild rice, sugar snap peas
- Wednesday: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Sandwiches, Jules’ Homemade Tomato Soup
- Thursday: Eggplant Ricotta Bake (last week got us in the mood for more eggplant!)
- Friday: Fresh fish (whatever looks good at Yokes), pasta with Parmesan cheese, peas and carrots
- Saturday: Leftovers/Free Nite
- We tend to go out one nite a week, or need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.