I have pictures to post from my mom's trip that I hope to get up later this week. We had a wonderful visit, and I can't wait to have her come out again ... soon!
I took a step back from Menu Planning, or rather posting my menu plans, and inadvertently blogging. Jeff and I have been talking about changing the way we are eating, and have been trying to settle into a plan. For various health reasons, he wants to cut out all meat for the next two weeks, sort of a test. He then hopes to add back in pork and chicken. I am going to use chicken in some dishes for Emi and I, but we are completely steering (haha!) away from beef for now, not that we really ate that much of it anyway. But the idea is to plan meatless dishes that I can then add chicken to. We shall see! Fish is a big part of our diet, and that won't change.
I was able to get my hands on a copy of Weight Watchers' Shortcuts. It looks great, fast and simple, and easy to adjust to what we are trying to do. One of this of this week's meals are planned using that book, I hope to try more in the coming weeks. (The book that I have has a copyright of 2008, when I looked on-line for a photo to post, those all were different. This book is: 130 almost-from-scratch recipes, 30 minutes or less, 7 ingredients or less, 3 simple steps or less. I got mine at a local WW meeting place, some places will sell to anyone some only sell to their clients.)
(Don't forget to check Laura's blog, Organizing Junkie) for more MPM!
Menu Plan for Week of: Mar 9 – Mar 15
- Sunday: Misc leftovers from last week
- Monday: Zucchini, mushrooms, onion and tofu stir fry (nothing fancy, just tossing it all in the wok with some low-sodium soy sauce and maybe some hoisin or fish sauce), whole-wheat penne pasta with Parmesan Cheese
- Tuesday: Fresh fish (whatever looks good at Yokes), soba noodles, sugar snap peas
- Wednesday: Chicken & Eggplant Roulades (making 2 chicken and 2 without), adding a can of “Jeff” fish (ie: sardines, herring, whatever he wants)
- Thursday: Easy Asian Beef & Noodles with sugar snap peas (substituting oriental noodle packets and tofu for the beef)
- Friday: Pan-Seared Scallops with Pesto and Tomato, sugar snap peas
- Saturday: Leftovers/Free Nite
- We tend to go out one nite a week, or need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.