With any luck, we are leaving to go out of town on Saturday morning for three days. This will be our first trip with Miss Emi since coming home in November, so we are at the same time looking forward to it and a bit apprehensive. We have loved ones scattered all over the globe, and need to start traveling to introduce Little Bit to everyone who loves her, so this will be a good trial run at, again, sleeping in a hotel. We want to show her that we can travel, stay in a hotel, but that THIS is home. And that we are always here.
BTW, we are heading over to a Chinese New Years celebration on Bainbridge Island, Washington. This trip will include a ferry ride, something we are hoping Emi will really enjoy (she *loves* to feel the wind on her face, and will turn into the wind ... no matter how cold it is).
I am again, going to try and keep my menu plan low-key. With the planned trip, I know I will have a lot to do this week and want quick and easy for dinner time! For more great menus, head on over to Organizing Junkie's blog.
Menu Plan for Week of: February 3-9, 2008
- Sunday: Jeff’s Amazing Quiche (no recipe posted as it’s all in his head!)
- Monday: Fusilli with Spinach and Asiago Cheese (one pot meal!)
- Tuesday: Easy Asian Beef and Noodles and peas (I usually just toss them into the soup just before serving ... yes, from a frozen state. Make sure your soup is HOT!)
- Wednesday: Chicken Tetrazinni, some kind of frozen vegetable
- Making this specifically so I can double it and freeze some lunches
- Thursday: Chinese New Year! Fish (whatever looks good today), rice and sautéed zucchini and onions
- Friday: Leftovers/Free Nite
- We tend to go out one night a week, or need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.
- *Moving this up a day.
- (Clean out the fridge!)
- Saturday: Out of town