Monday, January 21, 2008

Missing: Menu Plan Monday

I have not given my baby girl a bottle since Thursday, and it's killing me. I have been quite ill since last Tuesday (won't bore folks with the details), and pretty much unable to function since mid-afternoon Thursday. Jeff has been on major daddy-duty, and taking-care-of-mommy duty too. He's a keeper, I tell you, a keeper. Just this afternoon I started feeling like I might live. Just in time to go to the doctor tomorrow (oh total joy and rapture). Don't think I haven't already seen someone, that was done on Friday. Tomorrow is a follow-up. I am so not a going to the doctor kind of gal, so I am dreading it. But on the other hand, I need to know what's going on and what the plan is. I can NOT and will NOT spend another weekend without taking care of Emi. I missed her so, and while I could (and did) watch her from the sofa while she played, it wasn't the same thing as really being there for her.

I knew mommying is hard, that it has it's up days and down days. But not being able to just take care of Emi's basic needs really messed me up. Wow, have I changed since Miss Emi came into our lives.

Oh, and yes, there is no menu plan for this week. I only made two things from last week's plan (taco salad and the pork bbq - which Jeff has happily been eating all week!). So, he tossed everything in the freezer and just as soon as I get the clearance to resume my regular duties, I will dig out last week's plan and use that.

Thanks for the emails from folks wondering where I have been, I appreciate the concern. I hope to be more myself later this week.

3 comments:

Lythrum said...

So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I hope that the docs get you patched up and back on your feet soon!

Louanne said...

Kiy - I hope you feel better SOON! I know that must be agony. When we got home from China I got a double ear infection and they thought I might have had strep throat. They said, "Wash your hands before you touch the baby and ONLY kiss her on the back of the head if you can't restrain yourself." It was agony.

Kiy said...

Thank you both, doing better, getting stronger. Gave The Emlet *ALL* of her bottles today. Felt good.

Kiy