I am going to try I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday. I sort of already do menu planning, but not as specific as actually writing down a menu and shopping in advance to have ALL ingredients on hand. I hope that this will simplify my life and help our budget. We shall see. It is my goal to post this every Monday. Some weeks that will happen, some weeks it won't. It will really depend on Emi. She thinks I should be playing, and not sitting in front on that silly computer. I may take a page out of Laura's (OJ) book and post this on Sunday evenings. In fact ... I think I shall tonight! Something I am doing different, I am including weekends. Weekends are when we tend to laze out and be bad. Order out for pizza or just eat junk. With Little Bit in the house, we are trying to eat healthier. For her sake, and ours.
So, here goes! (BTW, I cannot figure out how to add the widget stuff, and I love her banners, bah!) Oh, and there are a few meals from the Kraft Food & Family, Winter 2008 magazine. It just showed up last week and many looked worthy of trying out. So this is the week! (It's free, sign up and get yours too! -No this is not a paid endorsement. Lastly, if you don't have or don't want to actually get the magazine, all this quarter's recipes can be found here.)
Menu Plan for Week of: January 13-19, 2008
- Sunday: Leftovers from last week, clean out that fridge!
- Monday: Taco Salad (ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, tortilla chips, corn, pineapple, black olives)
- Tuesday: Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast with mashed potatoes
- Wednesday: Chicken Bake (Kraft Food & Family, Winter 2008, page 38) ~~ This is actually an ad for Stove Top. I will try and find time to type it out and post it.
- Thursday: Slow-Cooker Orange-BBQ Pulled Pork (Kraft Food & Family, Winter 2008, page 44) Serving this with rice (or rolls, still haven't decided but I have a package of refrigerator rolls just in case), green peas and a salad.
- Friday: Taco Bake (Kraft Food & Family, Winter 2008, page 37), corn and probably a salad.
- Saturday: Leftovers/Free Nite
We tend to go out one night a week, or need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.