Sunday, January 13, 2008

Back in the blogging saddle

Somehow, I ended up taking a blogging break and forgot to tell myself. The days after Christmas just seemed to drift along. We so enjoyed the downtime, and having Jeff home for that whole time was truly a gift. A better one I couldn’t have wished for. We didn’t really do anything over the holidays, just nestled in and enjoyed being together.

We did indeed end up celebrating Christmas Day on Christmas Day. Emi woke up her happy and cheerful self, so we decided to go for it. It took us TOO long to open gifts, we are so going to scale back for next year (yes MOM, I am talking to YOU! * smile* ). Jeff and I did well for Emi, got her two things and one thing each for each of us (from Emi). That is going to be our plan for next year too, with maybe a Santa gift or two depending on where she is on the whole Santa thing. We continued the tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve, new pajamas. This year my folks sent her special ‘My First Christmas’ pajamas, but starting next year Jeff and I want to give this gift. (Photo is on Christmas Eve, sick unhappy baby, but I was afraid I'd forget in the morning ... which I did!)

Much of the day was spent playing and making dinner, which was a huge success. I have to say, pork tenderloin is going to be a Christmas tradition in our household! I know I said I wasn't going to fuss, and I didn't. It just looks like a lot of food but I stuck to my menu. We still had too much food, but yummy leftovers all week!



Here is a quick series of Emi opening a gift, with help from Daddy. I love how these turned out!


Life with Emi just gets better each day. I can't imagine this little girl NOT in our lives. She filled a hole in my heart that no one else could fill. She's perfect, even with her temper!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

P.S. Yes, I am aware the fonts are all screwed up. That's what I get for writing this in Word first. Lesson learned.

No comments: