Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

This year marks the first year we can start some new traditions, and continue some old ones. Having Miss Emi (fin-HALLELUJAH-ally) home with us makes me so very excited about the holidays this year.

Jeff & I have some traditions that we will keep; sleeping in (okay, maybe not this one), having a quiet peaceful breakfast together (okay, maybe not peaceful, but it will be happy!), Thanksgiving dinner together. We are lucky, and know it. It's a rare occasion that we do not spend holidays together, and we have never ever missed a major one.

This year we will be adding some new traditions. I usually watched the Macy's Day parade alone (Jeff is not a parade watching kind of guy). This year, while Miss Emi won't really get into it, I will have the parade on so that I can 'sort of' watch it with her ... while she is playing with her toys and terrorizing poor Max (if he'd just stay away from those fingers that love to pull his fur, but he can't ... he is also as fascinated with her as she is of him).

She 'helped' me make the pie and the muffins. She sat in her highchair and smashed peas and carrots into her hair (and the tray, the seat, her ears, all over her face, into her 'clean' outfit, etc) and I chopped, mixed, cleaned up the kitchen ... and Little Bit. I almost had to hose her off and am so sorry I didn't think to get a photo. It truly was a photo op. I do wonder if by next year she will be interested to help mix or pour ingredients into the bowl. Probably not, but I do wonder.

I have so much to be thankful for. So very much. I am married to the most amazing man. I really am. I can honestly say I love him more today than the day I married him. I was worried about adding a baby to our marriage, the changes that would come. We are very careful not to lose each other, and we still spend time together. Granted, not as much as before as some of that time is now family time. But we still cuddle in bed, talking quietly about our day. Our love is still strong. Thankful doesn't even come close.

I am also thankful to a little tiny girl, quietly (for the moment) sleeping in her crib. She made me a mama, which I so badly wanted to be. She delights me every day, she is growing by leaps and bounds. I love to watch her watch something new ... to see her trying to figure out what is happening. This morning, it was the computer printer. The noise grabbed her attention and then the paper sliding out. She just 'had' to have that piece of paper, it was a pretty cute moment ... the total delight on her face in taking that piece of paper out of the tray.

Then, she destroyed it. :)

I am close to my mom, not something I take for granted. I wish I was closer to my other family members, but as there isn't anything I can do about it, I try not to dwell on that. I do hope that someday, somehow, that will be resolved but for now I have to just set it aside.

I am very happy in my life right now. I miss living closer to our very close friends, I wish we were living closer to Jeff's family and son, and to my family. I love living in Washington, but still wish for the East Coast and everyone we love there. But right now, life is good and we are happy.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. I hope your day is warm, wonderful and full of delights ... big and small.

Love, Jeff, Kiy and Miss Emi

3 comments:

Louanne said...

Kiy- Hi there and thanks for your SWEET message on our blog. I am so excited to also be having our first Thanksgiving as parents.

I have been working on Nadia's blanket again and it makes me think of you as it is cross stitched. Have a great rest of your weekend.

Louanne, Mike and Nadia

Magi said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Our day was very similar. Sera loved the Macy's parade. All the singing, dancing, and Elmo...what more could a girl want?

Tracy said...

Great post! I feel the same - I love Adam even more now.

Tracy