Monday, October 29, 2007

She's here!

I know, I know ... pictures. Here they are, then read the details. :)






Needless to say, we think she's beautiful and we are so in love.

It has been an emotional day. We arrived at the Civil Affairs office at
2pm and the babies were already there. When we got there the nannies
were wonderful to tell us who each baby was. Our baby was sleeping! She
caught a bit of a cold last night so is under the weather, but not too
bad. Our passports were gone over to make sure we were the right parents
and then .... they placed her in my arms. I was sooooo good up to that
point. Even though we had been standing there talking (through our
guide, who was translating) for over 5 minutes. I didn't start to tear
up until I had her. They were just little tears, for me, which is
surprising. I was just so happy. She never cried until later tonight
when she was fighting sleep. But she woke up in my arms (the nanny woke
her) and we are wondering if that made it easier. None of the children
cried, so that really helps. The nannies are very positive and want to
make sure we will take good care. They honestly care and love these
children, and it was so evident today. Just before we left to go back to
the hotel I offered Emi's 2 nannies to hold her again, say good bye and
they were both so happy. They so loved her, you could tell. I wanted to make sure they could say good bye.

She is beautiful (did I mention that already?). Even though not feeling great, she is so curious, and
wants to see everything. All the while that she keeps both Jeff and I in her sights. When we came back to our room, Jeff went into the bathroom to make a bottle and while she didn't cry, she wasn't impressed that he wasn't RIGHT there. I had to call him back, he came right back, she
settled down ... but he had to keep talking so she knew he was there. Same when I went in there to get something. She is keeping very close tabs on us.


We go back today to officially sign the papers that we want her, will never abuse or neglect her, will educate her. In our minds and hearts, that is barely the tip of the iceberg.

Will try to get more photos today. Our focus was on being with Emi and not as much on the photos yesterday, so I know those are a little lacking. The doctor traveling with us has been wonderful, he is also taking many many photos so we are sure to get more from him.

Off to put a little one down for her morning snooze.

9 comments:

Lythrum said...

Wooohooo!! I'm so happy for you guys. I know how long you've been waiting and working for this. Enjoy your daughter. :)

amy said...

oh what a day! Thanks so much for posting these! Congrats!

polli said...

what a great picture of you all!!! just wait and soon it will be all giggles and secrets cause thats what girls like... and maybe one day you will get a letter that starts KKKKIIIYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol sorry could resist we will have to teach her that one : ) ok have fun with the girl and enjoy china! /hugs

TheSinger said...

She's so beautiful, and I am so happy for you guys. Congratulations, and I hope this is the beginning of nothing but beautiful days and happy memories.

Serdic said...

Wow.=) I'm so unbelivably happy for you guys.

Magi said...

What a beautiful and happy family. Congratulations!

fivekidz said...

KIY
I am so happy for you guys, what a beautiful daughter. such a long long wait gone in an instant.I will be rec Zoe on Dec 3,sothe wait will be over for her soon also. Have a wonderful time bonding and loving on your princess..Peace and happiness Bonnie
www.bringingzoehome.blogspot.com

Cath said...

Ohhhhhh Kiy:
She's just gorgeous!!! Congrats! You must be "over the moon" right now! I'm so very happy for you!!
Ryleesmom2004

Amy said...

Oh she is so cute! Congrats to you & your family!