Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day!

Have anything fun planned? Romantic evening out? We don't have a whole lot planned. Jeff is taking a load of stuff to the hazardous materials recycling place (old paint, etc). I am going to clean Emi's room. Yep, romance is alive and well here! I still don't know what I am going to make for dinner as I forgot to take the meat out of the freezer (we were going to have Cinnamon Beef Noodles, sigh). I am seriously thinking of making Pasta with Creamy Pancetta-and-Pea Sauce though and I really want to make a nice dessert - I have something up my sleeve if I get the time but want it to be a surprise. If it works out, I will add it to my menu plan post on Monday. The pasta looks great and I really want to try it. Plus, except for the bacon and ham, Emi would eat it. I think Jeff and I would love it!

Yesterday Jeff brought home roses for me! They are simply beautiful but no, I have no picture (yet) to share. I have sort of misplaced the camera. Oh, I am sure it's around here somewhere but I can't seem to put my hands on it. (Shhhh, don't tell Jeff!)

We are going out to brunch at a local place tomorrow, so our Valentine's Day will continue for another day. Added bonus of having President's Day on Monday, so it's a three day weekend. Always a plus. If the weather turns nice, maybe we can get outside and go for a walk. Emi loves that!

We aren't planning any special dinner/date thing for Jeff and I again this year. We had fourteen very long years before Emi. The next few will be family celebrations. All too soon, it will be time for Emi to be having her own things to do on this day so spending the day as a family is a good thing. Besides, Emi's bedtime is 8 pm, plenty of time for us then. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

P.S. Odd, I hit publish this morning and it didn't. Operator error, I am sure.

7 comments:

Grand-Bag said...

As a mom-in-law to that nice guy I also remember the nice things he does/did for me...those days of fixin' my 'puter and helping with my "learning" curve is no small thing. Jeff, you are truly a special guy and thank you for loving my very special daughter and grandbaby (ok--and Max too!)
Love Grand-BaG

Maddys Mom said...

Happy Valentine's Day! DOn't worry, we didn't do anything overly romantic either. Just a quick movie & drive thru Taco Bell.

I must say that I love reading your menu plans & having been attemtping to use an idea or 2 when I am planning our own menus.

amy said...

I worked tonight...boooo but my hubby still got me flowers!!

Cristina said...

Glad you all had a nice Valentines day!! Hugs coming to you from over the oceans,
Cristina xxxx

~TAMY 3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

I love that you have turned it into a family event. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day!

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Sounds great! Look forward to the pictures of the roses. I need to post about our weekend - nothing amazing, but finally "eeeiiiiwuuuuuhhhhvoooooo" has been heard many times around here in the last week!

Louanne said...

As a former waitress I just hate going out on V-day. Same goes for New Years and Mother's day. Forget about it! I would rather cook.

I baked cookies for us on Friday AND Saturday and we pretty much bummed around and hit a couple stores to stimulate the economy! HA!!

I did get a gift certificate for a 1 hour massage....oh yeah!