Friday, January 9, 2009

Six Things That Make Me Happy

Karen tagged me the other day for this meme. Now, usually I am pretty bad about these things. Oh, my intentions are always good but then, I forget. I'd blame it on mama-mush brain but I was like this before. Maybe I should have asked Santa for a new memory chip.

Or ten.

I thought I'd have a hard time coming up with six things that make me happy. I didn't feel I could use the obvious - being Emi's mama, being married to the most wonderful man in the world (hands off gals, he's ALL mine!), etc. I thought I should do the un-obvious. Thus, my dilemma.

But, as I was wandered around the house picking up the toys, books, clothes, small animals (just kidding) that follows a young child, I came up with six that make me so happy. This was much easier than I thought.

In no particular order:

1. Feeling little Emi breaths on my neck when she’s fallen asleep in my arms. I savor these times.

2. Finding time to stitch

3. Watching Max-the-Wonder-Doglet snooze in the sun, and soak all that warmth into his old bones

4. Snuggling with Jeff (something that comes few and far between, old folks + toddler = exhaustion)

5. Travel, all kinds. Oh, and planning it. I love love love to plan our trips. And put our packing lists on excel. It’s a sickness.

6. On a rainy day, gathering some books and a cozy quilt and settling in for a nice quiet read

It was hard to limit myself to just six to tag! I am purposely trying for folks that I haven’t tagged before. Here is my list of victim’s tagee's: Gina, Barbara, TheSinger, Lythrum, Wendy, and ahorne. And, because I am a rule breaker and just could not whittle my list down any farther, my mom. Because she is a new blogger and has yet to learn the art/fun of stalking following she gets a pass on the tagging of folks. This time. Have at it ladies, I am dying to read your lists!

The rules…Link to the person who gave you the award. If you want. Post the rules on your blog. List six things that make you happy. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. Let the person who awarded you know when your entry is up.

5 comments:

Karen said...

See how easy that was... .

BTW, just how old a parent are you? You don't have to be specific. Just give a general idea -- 40s, 50s, 60s?

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Very sweet - wonderful post! I know I will get mine done - just not sure when.

Meredith Teagarden said...

Great list. all inexpensive treasures!

Lythrum said...

Done :)

~TAMY 3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

All wonderful answers - #6 sounds wonderful to me right now!