Thursday, January 8, 2009

Grace Notes

It's rare for me to point out a new blog that I've found, but this is a great find! I am excited to find a new author, her paintings look amazing, and I expect to learn a lot too.

Grace Lin is an author and illustrator of children's book, seems to be mainly on China and Chinese adoption (which, of course, hits me right in my heart!). Her auction idea is very cool and such a wonderful thing, I really want to share this. She is auctioning (through ebay) a small painting a month for a year! Here is the direct link to that post. Worth looking into, if you are into this kind of thing (which I am). Here is the direct link to the blog that she set up for this project with all the details. Oh, this is going to be a fun year ... and potentially pricey, eek!

Above is the artwork that she will be auctioning off for the month of January (week of January 12 - 16). Oh my, does it just call out to me. I wonder what our checkbook looks like? :)

3 comments:

Magi said...

Thanks for letting us know. I'll be checking this out.

Meredith Teagarden said...

oooh, thanks for giving us the link!

amy said...

this looks great, thanks!!