Short and sweet tonight. I am going to try to write up another post (my decorate-the-house for Christmas post) but I may not pull that off until tomorrow morning. I am pooped!
Oh, and don't forget to head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more MPM!
- Sunday: *What I Didn’t Get to Last Week
- No matter how much I plan or promise myself I won’t laze out and just say, “scrounge night”, it happens. At least once a week. So, I end up with a menu and (usually) ingredients for one meal (sadly, sometimes more than one). So here is my plan to not waste anything and to use up that meal.
- This week it was the Chicken Pockets. They were good, really pretty good but making them didn’t turn out the way I had planned. I guess I am a visual kind of person as I just could not visualize how to wrap the crescent roll around the chicken mixture. I didn’t have warm fuzzies, but they were tasty. Since Emi snarfed them up, I am sure I will be making them again. I may try them with biscuits instead. That way I could flatten them a little, put the chicken mixture into the middle, bring up all the sides and pinch closed. They were tasty enough to keep working on this.
- Monday: Zesty Cheese Ravioli, rolls, green salad
- Tuesday: Breakfast! Eggs, grits, chicken sausage, melon slices, maybe toast
- Wednesday: CrockPot Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe, steamed rice, sugar snap peas
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet (Although, I’ve had a hankering for Pumpkin Ricotta Pancakes, so I am hoping there aren’t any leftovers and I need another meal for tonight!.)
- Friday: Spaghetti and meatballs (frozen, I still can’t touch that meat even with Jill Scott’s helpful hint “gloves”).
We tend to need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.
- Going to try to not eat out this week so this idea is on hold. Instead, we are having Jules’ Homemade Tomato Soup, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, and grapes. (Hold over from last week, but the great thing about this is that it’s stuff that we always have on hand, and the soup is a eat-out-of-the-pantry soup so I can pull this out anytime. I love this soup!)