Sunday, December 14, 2008

Menu Plan (Dec 14 - Dec 20)

Last week's meals were pretty much done as planned. I missed two meals, but added one that wasn't planned (got a hankering for spag and meatballs). So I guess that evens out. In fact, that meal was so good - we decided to have it again this week! Yes, the meatballs are the frozen kind. The brand our grocery store carries is pretty good, and I baked them in the oven so they got nice and crispy. I served them on the side of the spaghetti, so they wouldn't get soggy.

Short and sweet tonight. I am going to try to write up another post (my decorate-the-house for Christmas post) but I may not pull that off until tomorrow morning. I am pooped!

Oh, and don't forget to head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more MPM!


  • Sunday: *What I Didn’t Get to Last Week
    • No matter how much I plan or promise myself I won’t laze out and just say, “scrounge night”, it happens. At least once a week. So, I end up with a menu and (usually) ingredients for one meal (sadly, sometimes more than one). So here is my plan to not waste anything and to use up that meal.
    • This week it was the Chicken Pockets. They were good, really pretty good but making them didn’t turn out the way I had planned. I guess I am a visual kind of person as I just could not visualize how to wrap the crescent roll around the chicken mixture. I didn’t have warm fuzzies, but they were tasty. Since Emi snarfed them up, I am sure I will be making them again. I may try them with biscuits instead. That way I could flatten them a little, put the chicken mixture into the middle, bring up all the sides and pinch closed. They were tasty enough to keep working on this.

  • Tuesday: Breakfast! Eggs, grits, chicken sausage, melon slices, maybe toast
  • Thursday: Leftover Buffet (Although, I’ve had a hankering for Pumpkin Ricotta Pancakes, so I am hoping there aren’t any leftovers and I need another meal for tonight!.)

  • Friday: Spaghetti and meatballs (frozen, I still can’t touch that meat even with Jill Scott’s helpful hint “gloves”).

  • Saturday: We tend to need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.
    • Going to try to not eat out this week so this idea is on hold. Instead, we are having Jules’ Homemade Tomato Soup, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, and grapes. (Hold over from last week, but the great thing about this is that it’s stuff that we always have on hand, and the soup is a eat-out-of-the-pantry soup so I can pull this out anytime. I love this soup!)

3 comments:

Jill Scott said...

What do you mean helpful hint? You had HOMEWORK girl! And don't tell me the dog ate it. You naughty girl.

Kiy said...

Um, um, um ... the dog ate it? :)

Yeah, I just couldn't do it. but, I thought of you while I was dumping the frozen lumps of meat onto the cookie tray - does that count?

Karen said...

Jill told us all about your problem with touching raw food. I have to say that I kind of agree with you on this one -- especially meat. Yuck!