I had wanted to toss something (frozen) chicken breast based into the crock pot for Wednesday, but could find nothing that tempted me or wasn't too involved (or didn't require a cream-of-something soup, not a fav of ours). If anyone has something totally divine, please let me know! Seriously, because if not ... poor Jeff will be springing for dinner out that night. :) (Oh, and btw, I did check out A Year of Crockpotting, but nothing really grabbed me there either. Maybe it's not the recipes, but that I wasn't hungry when I was looking).
So, here is out menu for the week. Simple, easy, trying to use up a lot of what we have on-hand with just a bit of grocery shopping for fresh fruit/vege's and milk/yogurt. As always, don't forget to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie for more MPM.
Menu Plan for Week of: November 9 – November 15
- Sunday: Pumpkin/Ricotta Pancakes, applesauce
- I just add a half to three-quarters of a cup of pumpkin puree, dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Monday: Boxed Mac & Cheese, peas, pear slices
- Tuesday: Leftover pancakes, peaches
- Wednesday: (Jeff home!!!!) Hopefully a chicken crock pot something or else dinner out
- Thursday: Breakfast! Eggs, chicken sausage, Cracker Barrel’s Hashbrown Casserole
- The casserole is one of the very few things I make with cream-of soups. I'd love to find an alternative but I have found nothing so far. Suggestions welcome!
- Friday: Teriyaki Burgers on the grill with pineapple slices, buns, some kind of cold salad (still haven’t decided yet), homemade baked fries
- Saturday: Free Nite
- If we need, Leftover Buffet, if not …
- We tend to need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.