Sunday, November 9, 2008

Menu Plan (November 9 – November 15)

I am still working on my Seattle post, but wanted to get this up. With Jeff still gone, Emi and I are going to have pretty simple meals until his return on Wednesday. I have little-to-almost-nothing in the house to eat, so a grocery run is in order first thing tomorrow!

I had wanted to toss something (frozen) chicken breast based into the crock pot for Wednesday, but could find nothing that tempted me or wasn't too involved (or didn't require a cream-of-something soup, not a fav of ours). If anyone has something totally divine, please let me know! Seriously, because if not ... poor Jeff will be springing for dinner out that night. :) (Oh, and btw, I did check out A Year of Crockpotting, but nothing really grabbed me there either. Maybe it's not the recipes, but that I wasn't hungry when I was looking).

So, here is out menu for the week. Simple, easy, trying to use up a lot of what we have on-hand with just a bit of grocery shopping for fresh fruit/vege's and milk/yogurt. As always, don't forget to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie for more MPM.

Menu Plan for Week of: November 9 – November 15

  • Sunday: Pumpkin/Ricotta Pancakes, applesauce
    • I just add a half to three-quarters of a cup of pumpkin puree, dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg
  • Monday: Boxed Mac & Cheese, peas, pear slices
  • Tuesday: Leftover pancakes, peaches
  • Wednesday: (Jeff home!!!!) Hopefully a chicken crock pot something or else dinner out
  • Thursday: Breakfast! Eggs, chicken sausage, Cracker Barrel’s Hashbrown Casserole
    • The casserole is one of the very few things I make with cream-of soups. I'd love to find an alternative but I have found nothing so far. Suggestions welcome!
  • Friday: Teriyaki Burgers on the grill with pineapple slices, buns, some kind of cold salad (still haven’t decided yet), homemade baked fries
  • Saturday: Free Nite
    • If we need, Leftover Buffet, if not …
    • We tend to need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I like the CrockPot Lady's teriyaki chicken recipe. It's easy and doesn't require cream of anything on top of it....

Kiy said...

Thanks Karen, will have to relook at that one!

Barbara said...

It's terrible, but I don't really do much for crockpot cooking, so I can't help you there. But I do have great chicken recipes that don't take too long. So let me know if you are willing to consider non-crock pot recipes

~TAMY 3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

Those pancakes sound amazing!! Here's a crockpot chicken recipe we like. http://www.3sidesofcrazy.com/2008/04/slow-cooking-thursday-scrumptious.html Thanks for stopping by and the good thoughts!