Sunday, November 30, 2008

Menu Plan (November 30 - December 6)

Last week's menu went so-so. I have to admit, with all the planning, shopping, cooking and baking for Thanksgiving, I could have cared LESS about any other meals. Ouch. But, I am determined to get back on track for this week. I have two hold overs, partly because I lazed out over the weekend and partly as we didn't have enough leftover chicken to do anything with. (Mainly as on Friday, Jeff had a ginormous plate of leftovers, and because I forgot to add the extra legs/things. Drat it all.) Thanksgiving Recap of how various recipes worked is here. Oh, and if you have any doubts on making Chex Mix in your crock pot, don't. I made a batch Thursday morning for noshing, another batch on Saturday afternoon and if Jeff and Emi had their way, I'd be making another batch tomorrow. They will, alas, have to wait until the weekend.

The super easy quiche is back by popular demand. In fact, I am going to make two so that we have more leftovers. Talk about an easy take-to-work lunch for Jeff! Plus, something easy and healthy and NOT a sandwich for me, yum. Fortunately, there is very little anything-made-with-egg that Emi won't eat, and she loves this too. Breakfast for dinner is such a hit in this house, that it may become our standard Wednesday night meal. Jeff is thrilled to be getting grits almost weekly so there is no problem there!

Remember to head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more MPM!

  • Sunday: Thanksgiving Dinner, again! Not a whole bird, but pieces this time with leftover stuffing, gravy, acorn squash, and cranberries. Yum!

  • Tuesday: Quiche with onions, zucchini and spinach, melon slices
  • Wednesday: Breakfast! Eggs, grits, chicken sausage, maybe toast
  • Thursday: Leftover Buffet
  • Saturday:
    • We tend to need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.

6 comments:

Allie's Mama said...

Your menus are amazing! I wish I
could be that organized! Happy
Holidays to your family!

Hugs,

Sindy

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

great menu. I like the sound of the chicken pockets.

~TAMY 3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

We've been doing the turkey leftovers thing since Wednesday LOL! I'm ready for something else.

"J" said...

The chex stuff sounds YUMMY!!! I'm going to try this!!!! =)

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Gina (Caleeo) said...

The quiche recipe does not have a crust??? It really looks good - and I think O would love it.

Lythrum said...

I am actually getting ready to start menu planning for us. If you feel a cold breeze it's probably because somewhere froze over because I'm getting more organized. :)