Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Following

I am stalking my fellow bloggers! What is up with me that I can't seem to stop finding new and totally fun blogs to follow? I am addicted to it, have 18 right now and am loving every moment of it. I love going to my dashboard to see if one of my (obviously many) fav's has posted something new and delicious. However, you know what would rock? If there was some way of showing the blogs that I follow on my home page - just like the area that shows who is following me. That way, I could dispense with the list of blogs and folks could just click on the photos. Maybe blogger will implement that at some point.

I do feel one of the reasons I am so into blogging and a certain RQ room (hey gals and guys!) is that I still have yet to put my feet down here in our new city. I have not met anyone, nor joined any groups to do so. Emi and I pretty much do our own thing every day, and I get my friendship from fellow bloggers. I do think once she's involved in some outside activities that will change. I miss having friends, I am a friend kind of person. I do have them, but none here, and that makes such a difference to my happiness level.

I think I have had friendship on the mind lately. My very best friend ever lives so very far away (other side of the country). We are lucky to see each other once a year. We used to see each other every day, and talk countless times a day about everything and nothing. I have let that friendship slide, totally my fault. Now, I am not sure how to get it back. I think about her (and her great hubs) all the time, and miss both of them more than words can say. How do I call, write, email and say "I'm sorry". There was no reason, life just got going and I'd say "oh, I will email them tomorrow, next week, etc". And then, time slipped away. I sit down to write a letter and the words don't come and I sit here feeling like a failure.

I have another friend that lives just as far away, that I've never met. He is a dear dear friend and was so there for me (us) while we were waiting for Miss Emi. I have done the same thing with this friend as the other. He, however, has not. He sends little emails from time to time, visits my blog, leaves comments (I do, however, visit his and leave comments but it's not the same thing as an email).

Gosh, I sat down to write a quick, funny blog post about blog following and what I seemed to have written is my need to reconnect with my friends. I need to make this a priority. The month will not change into November without me sending at least a letter or an email to both of these friends.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Call her, she'd love to hear from you I'd bet. I have a friend that I only connect with once a year or so, but would be thrilled to hear her voice on the other end of the line at any time. Actually I'd be thrilled to hear from any of my friends any time, including one I haven't talked to in about 12 years.

Gina (Caleeo) said...

I am also a big fan of following, and I think I have seen something on other blogs that have a list of blogs and then say when they were last updated. If I see one, I will send you the link.

I agree with Barbara, just call or write. I would always welcome a friendly voice.

Cristina said...

Hugs to you Kiy. Moving is hard, as is making new friends. Hang in there, and get in touch with those people you haven't talked to for a while!

Cristina xxx

ahorne said...

It is all too easy to become absorbed in the details of our own lives... and then one day, we find ourselves feeling lonely and disconnected. I have fallen into this same predicament, and it does require a lot of effort to pull out! But it is worth it... we need each other more than we know.

Lythrum said...

I'm in the same kind of situation Kiy. I left my best friend behind in NC when we moved here two years ago, and I haven't really connected with anyone. I have friends at work, but not really someone that I can hang out with. Ever since Rowan was born I don't seem to have had time for other people that much.

Magi said...

It is very hard maintaining long distance friendships, but very worth it.

Tag, you're it!

Karen said...

I'm all about the following also. Personally, I like most people online better than in person. ...