Sunday, September 28, 2008

Menu Plan (September 28 – October 4)


Tonight's post is short and sweet, for some reason I am completely zonked. As soon as Emi is well and truly asleep, I am heading to bed. Must be all that cool, crisp autumn air. :)

As always, if you are looking for more great recipes and menu plans head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

  • Sunday: *What I Didn’t Get to Last Week
    • No matter how much I plan or promise myself I won’t laze out and just say, “scrounge night”, it happens. At least once a week. So, I end up with a menu and (usually) ingredients for one meal (sadly, sometimes more than one). So here is my plan to not waste anything and to use up that meal.
    • This week it was Mexican Lasagna, sliced nectarines and peaches. We ate the peaches and nectarines all week (and loved every bite!), so while at the farmers market again on Friday I picked up some more.

  • Monday: Breakfast! Eggs, sausages, grits and toast or hashbrowns

  • Thursday: Leftover Buffet

  • Saturday: Free Nite
    • We tend to need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.

7 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm going to have to check out those sweet potato fries. They sound wonderful! :D

Great menu!
Have a great week!
Sherry

Gina (Caleeo) said...

It all sounds terrific! Each week I read your posts and get just a tiny bit closer to doing some actual menu planning myself.

My current mission is to eat what we have on hand in the freezer and pantry. I have made a bit of progress.

Jeff and Amy said...

Mexican Lasagna sounds amazing, I will definatley try, yummy!!!!!!!!

~TAMY 3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

Chicken Tortilla Bake sounds yummy!!! Have a great week.

Barbara said...

This is terrible, but we're having another fend for ourselves week. I just got a HUGE sale at work, and it's going to mean a lot of late nights!

Barbara said...

Oh, and I love breakfst for dinner. I should just plan one every week.

ahorne said...

Oh, sweet potato fries... how I love them. :) The chicken tortilla bake sounds yummy too. And naps on cool autumn days... how can you not love those???