Tonight's post is short and sweet, for some reason I am completely zonked. As soon as Emi is well and truly asleep, I am heading to bed. Must be all that cool, crisp autumn air. :)
As always, if you are looking for more great recipes and menu plans head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie.
- Sunday: *What I Didn’t Get to Last Week
- No matter how much I plan or promise myself I won’t laze out and just say, “scrounge night”, it happens. At least once a week. So, I end up with a menu and (usually) ingredients for one meal (sadly, sometimes more than one). So here is my plan to not waste anything and to use up that meal.
- This week it was Mexican Lasagna, sliced nectarines and peaches. We ate the peaches and nectarines all week (and loved every bite!), so while at the farmers market again on Friday I picked up some more.
- Monday: Breakfast! Eggs, sausages, grits and toast or hashbrowns
- Tuesday: Chicken Tortilla Bake, some kind of frozen vege
- Wednesday: Burgers on the grill, homemade sweet potato fries (scroll down in the link for my how-to), zucchini slices on the grill
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Friday: Fish Nite is back! Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia, steamed rice and sugar snap peas
- Saturday: Free Nite
- We tend to need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.