With Jeff home, it's back to cooking 'real' meals. I have missed menu planning and even cooking, but not the cleaning up of the kitchen. I just remind myself of all the years I (we) did without a dishwasher. Usually helps.
So, here is the menu. Mostly tried-and-trues. In fact, I think they all are! Have a great week and remember to head on over to Laura's for more MPM.
Menu Plan for Week of: August 10 - 16
- Sunday: What I Didn’t Get to Last Week
- Since the kitchen was closed last week … there wasn’t a thing I didn’t get to! :)
- In that case, I am going to plan Jeff’s favorite meal: Home Cooked Dinner. Seriously, when asked he says he loves everything I make, so I am going to come up with something special to celebrate his coming home.
- Billie Ruth’s Catfish Parmesan, home fries and farmer’s market onions, farmer’s market tomato and cucumber slices
- Monday: Maple-Flavored Barbecue Chicken (crock pot), steamed rice, fresh vege’s (from, yep, the farmer’s market - gosh, I love this time of year)
- Tuesday: Oriental Salad (might or might not add some chicken to this, but either way, it’s a one-pot meal here)
- Wednesday: Chicken Merlot with Mushrooms (crock pot), bow-tie pasta, green salad
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Friday: Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia, wild rice, steamed carrots
- Saturday: Free Nite
- Dinner out with friends