I am not really sure where last week went. I spent a lot of time just hanging with Emi and not getting diddly-squat done in the house. She seemed to need more mama-time and darned if I wasn't going to give it to her! Lately she's been hanging with me more, but still very very busy. She has also developed an interest in stuffed animals and such, hugging them and carrying them all over the family room. She chatters to them constantly. I wonder, can it *finally* be time to break out one of the dolls we have for her?! We are going to give her a couple of days and then probably introduce her to one of them. I don't want to overwhelm her with toys, and like to add things carefully. Funny enough, she was completely ignoring them so it had been my plan to take them out of her play area and put them away for awhile, bringing them out again in couple of months. Patience mama, patience. I have photos from this past week that I need to post, I just need to get them off the camera card.
So, here is our menu for next week. As always, don't forget to head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for more great MPM!
- Sunday: Father’s Day
- Brunch: Ricotta Pancakes with blackberries and raspberries, maple sausages, and warm maple syrup
- Dinner: We haven’t decided what we are going to do about dinner. We really, really want to spend the afternoon at the park, so we may end up just going out. (Update, we did indeed end up going out. Nothing fancy, we were pooped from a great time at the park!)
- Dessert: Grandma Ople's Apple Pie, Vanilla Ice Cream (Jeff's fav dessert is apple pie, I went looking for a quick and easy recipe and found this one ... yum!)
- Tuesday: Pork with Sweet Onion Marmellata, steamed fresh green beans, homemade mashed potatoes with Barefoot Contessa’s Homemade Gravy
- Wednesday: Chinese Lemon Chicken (Crock Pot), steamed sticky rice, stir-fry vege’s
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Friday: Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia, wild rice, carrots
- Saturday: Free Nite
- We tend to go out one nite a week, or need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.