Last week I didn't get to two of my planned meals. I have yet to make those darned crab cakes so I am giving them the week off. It's my plan to put them on next weeks menu, but who knows. The nice thing about these is if you are using canned crab meat (which I am) this is a handy 'pantry' meal. I also didn't get to the Chicken Tortilla Bake, it just got too hot to start that oven. I think I am going to break down and start pricing toaster ovens. I don't really have the counter space available in my kitchen but something else will just have to be moved to a cupboard, at least for the summer.
Speaking of hot ... yeach. I have NO (as in not even ONE) meals planned this week that requires turning on the oven. If it can't be made on the stove, in the microwave or on the grill ... we won't eat it! :)
So, with all that said, here's our menu for the week. Also, if you are looking for more MPM's, head on over to Laura's at Organizing Junkie!
- Sunday: Teriyaki burgers and pineapple on the grill, baked French fries, stir-fried veges
- Nothing fancy here. Teriyaki sauce out of the bottle, just brush on both sides of both the burgers and the pineapple and grill to your preferred doneness. The (frozen) French fries I tossed into one of those tin (tossable) baking pans. Sprayed it with Pam, sprayed them with Pam, shook some Lawry's Season Salt on them. Covered with foil, shake to coat, toss on the top rack of the grill for about 15-20 minutes. Basically while it's heating up for the burgers and pineapple, and they are the last thing to come off the grill. Remember to shake them now and again so they don't stick and burn. The stir-fry vege's were frozen ... I love my freezer!
- Monday: Thai Cowboy Steaks on the grill, baked potatoes (in the microwave), fresh asparagus
- Tuesday: Breakfast! Eggs, sausage patties, home fries, melon slices
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Friday: Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia, snow peas, wild rice
- (Our usual Friday night fresh fish, except this week I have a plan instead of winging it!)
- Saturday: Free Nite
- We tend to go out one nite a week, or need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.
Last, but certainly not least, I hope everyone enjoys Memorial Day. We were quite bummed out that we don't have a parade to go to, heck I thought every city, town, village, had parades. Especially for this kind of holiday. We had Miss Emi all ready to go, she's been practicing all week! Hope she's still into this stuff when July 4th rolls around. Have a safe and happy weekend, give your loved ones an extra hug.