Back in the MPM saddle! It was a great two weeks of not cooking anything more than scrambled eggs and not worrying about meals, but I am more than ready to get back to cooking (just not the clean-up, oh well!).
We are still going to try and not do red meat, and only one meal per week with any meat (chicken or pork). The rest of the week will be vegetarian or fish/seafood based). Let's see how long I can last ... this gal loves her rare (mooooving) steaks fresh of the grill! But, we are trying to eat healthier so this is the plan for now. I am thinking that once or twice a month we will have to toss in steaks. I can only hold out for so long! :)
For more MPM head on over to Laura's at Organizing Junkie.
- Sunday: Spicy Orange Chicken Lo Mein (one-pot meal)
- Monday: Eggplant Ricotta Bake, wheat pasta of some kind with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
- Tuesday: Pan Seared Scallops with Sesame Sauce and Cellophane Noodles, sugar snap peas
- Today marks six months to the day that Miss Emi was placed in our arms. We have nothing special planned, just a nice family dinner and some play time afterwards.
- Wednesday: Vege burgers on whole wheat English muffins, homemade sweet potato fries and frozen peas (for Emi)
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Seems we need a specific night for leftovers as some are going to waste and I am not making planned meals because of the leftovers. Going to take a page out of Laura’s book and set up a night like this.
- Friday: Fresh fish (whatever looks good at Yokes), usually grilled with some olive oil, a bit of ginger and soy sauce, served with udon or soba noodles, sugar snap peas or other vege
- Saturday: Free Nite
- We tend to go out one nite a week, or need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.