This is going to be a crazy week. I am still not feeling all that well but getting better and, wow, thanks for all the emails making sure I was doing okay ... very very sweet. Also, my mom is coming for a visit (BONUS!) and to meet the ever-wonderful Miss Emi. So, I want really great, tried and true recipes that are ultra quick and simple, and that Jeff can toss together if needed. That made for challenging menu planning for this week!
So, here it is. We may end up scraping some of this and tossing stuff in the freezer if we decide to go out to dinner at the last minute. With Mom here, who knows what we will really end up doing! Also, don't forget to head on over to Organizing Junkie's. Laura hosts this most wonderful event, I know it keeps me 'honest' and making my meal plan each week. I truly feel I am more pulled together, we eat healthier, helps the budget, and I get to spend more time with Emi that isn't running to the grocery store every day.
Menu Plan for Week of: February 10-16, 2008
- Sunday: Leftovers from last week
- Monday: Chinese-Style Glazed Chicken Breasts, rice, snow peas
- Tuesday: Chicken Bake (Kraft Food & Family, Winter 2008, page 38) <- actually a Stove Top Stuffing recipe
- Wednesday: (Mom here!) Emeril’s Kicked Up Blue Cheese Burgers, homemade BAKED French fries, salad (Jeff is in charge of this meal)
- Thursday: Slow-Cooker Orange-BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches, wheat rolls, baked carrots
- Friday: Alton Brown’s (to die for) Meat Loaf, homemade mashed potatoes, Cooking Light’s Balsamic Roasted Asparagus, rolls
- Saturday: Jeff’s Quiche (I really need to get him to write down that recipe!), melon slices