Thursday, January 31, 2008

Favorite Ingredients Friday - Anything Goes!



Overwhelmed with Joy is again hosting Favorite Ingredients Friday. This week we can choose anything, so I am taking this opportunity to post my ALL TIME favorite vegetable recipe. Yeah, you read that right ... a vegetable recipe. ME! Bet my mom just fell outta her chair {smile}.

Balsamic Roasted Asparagus
from Cooking Light, January 2006

Ingredients:
1 pound asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon bottled minced garlic
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 425°.

Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Place in a jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar; sprinkle with salt, garlic, and pepper, tossing to coat. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes, turning once.

{Seriously, that's it! Total and complete yum!}

Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information:
CALORIES 67(48% from fat); FAT 3.6g (sat 0.5g,mono 2.7g,poly 0.3g); PROTEIN 2.5g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 26mg; SODIUM 236mg; FIBER 2.5g; IRON 0.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 5.7g

Joy Zacharia , Cooking Light, JANUARY 2006


4 comments:

Kathleen Marie said...

I love asparagus and this sounds delicious! Thanks so much!

Magi said...

We love roasted asparagus, but I've never tried using balsamic. This sounds fantastic. I'm glad to see you up and running again. This new mom stuff is tough, isn't it?

Jen said...

I cant get you through email. You won my give away. Please email me at jrg301@yahoo.com...Congrats.

Kiy said...

Kathleen, thanks for visiting. They really are great and easy!

Magi, gal you just ain't a kidding. This little girl is kicking my butt. But, I couldn't be happier. :)

Jen, email on the way. Odd, I checked and my email still shows on my contact me page. Hmmm, drat. I hate it when things to work like *I* think they should!

Cheers all, thanks for the comments,

Kiy