Wednesday, April 14, 2010

School Pictures

Emi started a Mother's Morning Out program this past February. To say that our little social butterfly is loving is, would be an understatement. I rarely get a kiss goodbye. She runs into the room, drops her backpack and immediately starts in with whatever is going on in the room. I am so happy for her that she is loving this experience, but the mama in me would like at least a kiss. Sniff.

I know I've talked about her school in other posts. We were SO lucky to find them. I can't believe, after experiencing this school, that they don't have a waiting list out the door. I tell anyone I come in contact about them, I love them so much. Warm, nurturing, safe - with the added bonus of messy crafts that I haven't been able to make myself do! Play-doh (that we do a bit, but not a lot), painting, glue (glue? are they nuts? ha - not me!), playground time, etc. They also have music on Wednesdays that I know Emi just eats up. She's learning to share and not hit (heh, seems she spent a fair amount of time in the time out chair today) - but really, that's why she's there. Social time with her peers. I can't give her that, and that's exactly what she needs right now. Did I mention how much she loves it? :)

School pictures were taken a few weeks ago and they arrived this week. I love the setting that they took them in, and of course our ham loved the experience. I do wish someone had flipped back that piece of hair hanging over her face, but that's not the end of the world. Especially as my favorite one is SO darned Emi ... check this out:


This is so my girl. Love her!



These are the other poses. I got one of each, just to have but the Grand's
and special folks in our lives ... will be getting the top one!

(And possibly that second one - how to make the decisions?!)

8 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

Awwwww....so cute!

FinsUp said...

They are all good and so different, but my favorite is the contemplative one, the profile.

The Source said...

She's such a cutie pie! I'm curious as to where she's going to school...I'd love to have one to suggest to people who move into the area.

Cristina said...

Just gorgeous Kiy! Glad I don't have to make the decision!! xxx

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

That is so awesome that she loves school! Maybe you need to start getting your kiss before you leave the house? Great pictures!

AlliE said...

Awww. I had that problem with Danica when she first started Daycare. I had to give her a kiss in the lady's garage if I wanted one because once she was in the door she wasn't talking to me!

I'm glad Emi is having so much fun! And that you love her school too!!!!

Jeff and Amy said...

Oh my goodness absolutely adorable!!!! They are growing up.....

Louanne said...

adorable