Sunday, January 17, 2010

Project 365 - Drat

So I missed a few days and then got disheartened. It's not that I lost interest, I was just bummed that I couldn't keep it going more than what, eleven days? Gesh. That said, I still took the pictures most days - using a mix of my cell phone and cute little (new - thanks honey!) pocket camera. It is (one of many) of my goals tomorrow to get them off both and posted here. I am also going to attempt to restart it. We'll see. I may lift an idea from quite a few others: take a picture a day but post it once a week. Project 52, if you will. We shall see.

So, what's been going on this last week? Not much. Unpacking, but not near as much as I should. Instead ... I've been stitching! Oh gosh, I've missed it so. When we first came home with Emi there just wasn't the time. I put it away, hoping to return to it soon. Then the big move, or rather the big wait to move. I did start a project last summer that was supposed to be a wedding gift and then we got our travel dates to South Carolina! Eeps. Yeah, that gift didn't get done. However, since Christmas I have been stitching up a storm on it and I am SO DARNED HAPPY! It's almost done, maybe another week or so at the rate I am currently stitching. As soon as it's mailed (ha - and received) I will post the picture. I am quite pleased with the way it's turning out. I have also found a new stitching shop (well, new to me) and they have twice monthly get togethers. I have already been once! They are a great group and I look forward to more stitching with them.

So, that's about it. Nothing earth shattering, but I am again finding my happy place. I can't believe how much I missed stitching. I just need to find a balance between that and unpacking (oh, and laundry, the house, cooking and groceries, and .... Jeff & Emi!).

5 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

Oh, mama - PLEASE DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP! You moved two (heh) kids, packed, unpacked...goodness, but you're doing a LOT! Besides...snapping pics every day is the easy part. It takes 30 seconds. Loading them to the blog? 10 minutes, easy...once you find the camera, cord, computer, load, edit, load again, write, publish...bah. What Toddler Mama has time for all that?! LOL

a Tonggu Momma said...

Unpacking? Drains you. So does looking at boxes that need to be unpacked. Taking a picture is easy, but downloading, editing, blogging, etc... who has time for that with everything else going on?

Michelle said...

I say just start new and pretend the days you missed didn't happen. :) At least you're still on track for a Project 52, if you decide the every day thing is too hard. Heck, I'm having a hard time with it and I have all the free time in the world!

The Straight's said...

Thanks for taking the time (and money) to help the littles!!

Louanne said...

I am telling you my Project 52 is catching on! LOL.

I had to do week 3 and 4 together because of my trip, so don't feel bad.