Monday, August 24, 2009

China Challenge

Because I need yet another reason to read, ha!, I followed a link from Tonggu Momma today through her Sunday Linkage. Here is what she said:

China Challenge! -- librarian ninja Jennie at Bibliophile... sign up for this year's China Challenge, committing to reading and learning more about the country of China

Okay, I am so into this idea. I have no idea which level I will attain (not the trek one, sadly, as another trip to China just isn't in the cards for us right now) but I look forward to reading and learning more about a country that has interested me in quite a long time, and is the birthplace of my sweet daughter. Anyone else up for the challenge? I think it would be great fun to see our progress through the year.

3 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

I'm scared to sign up for the challenge...but definitely keep us updated on which books you're reading!!!!!

Kiy said...

Really, I think anyone who has any interest at all in China could do the first level (Armchair). It's one book, set in China and that's the level I am going for first.

My first attempt is (planned) to be The Great Wall: The Extraordinary Story of China's Wonder of the World by John Man. he wrote another, The Terra Cotta Army that I also want to read.

That said, you have TWO small kids, I just have the one. I probably have a bit more time to read. :)

My plan is to start a list and add to it as I finish a book. We shall see how well that goes.

Cheers!

Gina (Caleeo) said...

This looks great - I will explore it a bit more deeply and participate too. I have some books I could lend, and a bunch on my Amazon list that look great. Let me know how it is going!