Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Puzzle Time

Kiy Note: Yes, I have a very few moments so I am playing catch up on the blog!

Emi is, well, a-hem, hell on wheels. She is, there is just no getting around it. Busy, very very very busy. So much so that people comment on it all the time. The first reaction to Emi is always "she's so cute". (Okay, she is, I will grant that - and she knows how to use it!) Right after the cute comment we usually get "and wow, does she ever stop moving?". Heh, no. Never. :) Her speech therapist mentioned it last week, and then asked if I was exhausted at the end of the day. Yep, nailed that one!

Emi is a big puzzle girl. She loves them and since she has extremely few quiet activities, puzzles are something we really encourage. We have quite a few puzzles in our house - regular ones, stacking and bead lacing ones (and as I hear tell, the Easter Bunny is bringing yet another!). They are ALL Melissa and Doug puzzles, yes I feel that strongly about them - well made, wooden, colorful, fun and they can stand up to Emi - that alone makes them worth the money!

Over the weekend, Emi decided on a new way to work on her puzzles. She took all the pieces and put them into a low, wide plastic bin (that we use to store other toys - that she had to dump out to do this, sigh). Then she proceeded to gather all the puzzle boards and the lace in a stack, climbed into the bin and sat on the pieces. Fishing them out one at a time she would point to the puzzle she wanted (yes, expecting her loyal minion - that would be me, to pull it out and put it on the top of the stack) and then putting the piece into the correct slot.

Sometimes I wonder, and I smart enough to parent this child? And, another thought - how does she come up with stuff like this?




Some of our favorite's: (and btw, I found most of these at Amazon, and a couple at little shops around the area)


3 comments:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

How funny! Great story! For all their similarities, Olivia is not at all into puzzles. We have some of the same as yours, plus some others and they sit, unattended.

Barbara said...

I love Melissa and Doug puzzles, we have quite a few in the nursery and have given them as gifts. She'll be entertaining herself more in time, for now... well sorry, I have no suggestions... just enjoy the time you have together? Find a playmate who can wear her out? Do you have pets?

Briana's Mom said...

Wow - Briana sounds JUST like Emi. Busy, busy, busy. I am worn out all the time!!! Bri loves Melissa and Doug puzzles.