Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hair

Okay, I've dragged my feet long enough. I am posting this picture. Against my will. I am really bummed that the (expensive) highlights did not show in any of the photos. But they are there. Also, I looked and looked for a 'recent' before photo and could not find a thing. So picture in your mind hair down my back, past my bra strap (there's a visual!). That's how long it was. Oh, and basically one length, pulled into a ponytail. Mom hair. :) Not that this isn't and frankly, looking at my hair this morning I'd love to be able to pull it into a ponytail right now. Oh my, a rat's nest!

Please note a few things:

1. I take a crappy photo. No, really I do. Even my wedding photos are yuck.
2. Yes, I really am that white and pasty.
3. Yes, I was really wearing makeup. Imagine how white and pasty I am without it!
4. And lastly, this is a self portrait, in the kid bathroom. All the spots you see in the photo are actually on the mirror. The one that Emi cannot seem to keep her grubby little hands off. Yes, I could wash them off but it's funny, they make me happy. Someday I will wash them off. Maybe.
(Oh, and the the photo Jeff took did NOT turn out).

Okay, look away now, you've been warned. I don't promise to keep this up here forever. Yikes.




14 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh Kiy, you're so funny! The cut looks cute! You're like me... I hate every pic taken of me! And I can see the highlights...

I have highlights too, but I purposefully asked for them to be subtle and reddish. So you only really notice them when the sun is shining on my hair. Otherwise it just gives it enough variance to make it all look a little more natural.

Lythrum said...

I usually have my hair in a bob, but my stylist going on maternity leave let me grow it out a bit and I decided that I might try to grow it out. It's about the same length that yours is now. Let me tell you something - Ponytails are crutches! But I really miss mine when I don't feel like doing anything with my hair because it's so easy. I miss being able to french braid it like I did all the time I was in the military. And after all that ramble, if you kept up with me, I think it looks good. :)

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Oh you silly girl! I think it looks great!

I noticed this morning that my bathroom mirror was absolutely filthy and wondered how long it had been that way...

a Tonggu Momma said...

I think you look great!!!! And there's a REASON I don't post face shots of myself on my blog. Hee hee.

Controlling My Chaos said...

Kiy, I think you're gorgeous and I love your hair. I think it's a great picture of you.

Esther's mom said...

I love your hair! I'm always in control of the camera so I don't have to have my picture taken.

Cristina said...

Your new do is fantastic Kiy!! Likewise, I tend to always be on the other end of the camera as I HATE seeing photos of myself!!

Cristina xxx

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

It looks adorable! You sound just like me though. Every time I get talked into that cute shorter cut, I long for my pony tail back the next day! Personally, I won't do a short cut again. At Christmas time my brother asked me why I was getting blonder and I laughed. Then I thought about it and I stopped getting highlights when we moved here. You know how you just forget to look sometimes? LOL

Karen said...

Love that haircut, Kiy! It reminds me of Meg Ryan back when she had the cute look!

Magi said...

I know how you feel. I much prefer to post pictures of Jim and Sera, but I think you and your hair are adorable.

Aunt LoLo said...

You know what's funny - you look REALLY familiar! I grew up in Spokane...hmm...and my family is in Seattle now.

I'm curious - do you read Tonggu Mama's blog? She has a FABULOUS little girl from Tonggu. She's a good friend of mine, and I think China Moms ought to stick together. :-) (My kids are half Chinese...so I kind of weasel my way into the group.)

Thanks for stopping by Bubba Bubbles!! No party post?? (Your hair looks great. :-))

Louanne said...

You are WAY to hard on yourself. And I like the hair.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You are funny - and really, if you want to see white and pasty, you should see my legs today!

Maddys Mom said...

I think your 'do looks fabulous. We all need a little change now & again. I bet the highlights are nice (although it is a little hard to see in the pic).