Thursday, August 14, 2008

Six Random Things

Angela over at The Testosterone Palace tagged me for a meme, Six Random Things. I am notoriously bad about these things. I get tagged, think 'wow, someone thought of me' and then ... poof, either I can't think of anything to say or I completely forget. The mind of a mom to a toddler, it's basically jello (or, at least mine is lately). But, I am going to do this now, before I have a chance to forget! Of course, that means that I will forget to do something else but life's about choices, right?

Oh, and I get to tag six more folks after I get done with my list ... hmmmm. :)


1. Many of my very best friends, I've never met in real life. Seriously.

2. I love and adore counted cross-stitch. I used to say it was my passion, then I found a new one ... Miss Emi. But, it ranks right up there! :) {And yes, I need to up-date my xcount photos. Time, precious time.} BTW, the photo is the most difficult piece I have ever stitched to date. At the time, it looked like a quick and easy project, it SO wasn't. But I stitched it for a very close friend (Mary, now in Memphis) and with every stitch, I thought of her. I think that's why I stitch so many gifts, I think of that person while stitching, and they think of me every time they see it.

3. I love coffee. I tend to add ... things, to my coffee. In fact, if Jeff makes me a cup of coffee he will bring it to me and say 'here a cup of what used to be coffee'. But really, I love coffee!

4. I love the water. I want to live on the water again some day. Funny enough, while I knew I liked to swim and thought water views were nice, I never gave them a serious thought until we lived in Japan. Our cute little apartment looked right over the bay. In fact, one whole side of our house was sliding glass doors so all you could see were the homes below us on the mountain, the water and the trees across the water from us. I want that kind of living again, but I doubt it will come soon. I also left a part of my heart in Japan. It was an amazing experience. (Not the best photo of our view, but I love this as it shows the rainbow, did you see it?)

5. I love to cook and bake, not that that is a whole big revelation as I have a recipe blog. I collect recipes and it is my goal to someday not have ONE cookbook in my house! I want all my recipes on my computer and also on my blog. Needless to say, with a toddler running around, that is going to take some time.

6. I can't write a simple list. See the above five things. Except for the first one (and yes, I could have gone on and on with that one too), I could have summed each up with one sentence. But, really, me being me, I just couldn't. (Making packing lists and grocery lists are the same way!)

Tagged folks: Serdic (see #1), Louanne, Sandra, Amy, Gina, Cristina, and Barbara. (Yes, I cheated. I couldn't decide ... and that should have been on my list - I can never make a decision!)


P.S. More on the Portland trip, coming soon.

2 comments:

Lythrum said...

Kiy, jello is an honored BO tradition, you say it like it's a bad thing. ;)

Kiy said...

Hence the comment. I knew I'd get at least one reference to that. :)