Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Backyard Fun

This past weekend we finally set up the little pool we picked up for Emi, along with the sandbox. While daddy set up both, Emi and I ran to the hardware store to get sand. Whoa, it only comes in 50 pound bags, at least around here. Needless to say, I had one of the (cute) strapping young men load the four bags in the car. We decided that the directions were right, go figure, and we will need another two bags. But the 200 lbs. of sand will hold her until we get around to it.

Both were a huge hit but the pool, love at first sight. The gal that hates hates hates to have her hair washed and water anywhere near her face, splashed to high heaven and was drenched in no time flat. She did take a bit of time to figure out the big 'bathtub' and considering that we are still bathing her in one of those baby table-top tubs, this pool was a big deal. She is probably ready for the 'big girl' tub, but not sure my back and knees are!

Lots of fun photos and a video (if I did this right!):

Busy Emi:



Sand box, almost asleep:


The almost asleep picture cracked me up, I had to take a picture of it ... really fast so she didn't fall face first. This was after the sandbox, when I had just taken the sand-filled diaper off. She had her 'sip' (what we call the little bottles that only ever have water in them, she drinks them all day long) and wanted back in the pool. I knew I didn't want her in long, we had been out there a total of four-ish hours all-told. So I sat her in, sans diaper. She sat there, drinking her water and then sort of drifted off, darned close to sleeping. So I snapped the picture (okay, two, but just to make sure I got the shot!) and scooped her up in a towel. She slept through drying off, clean diaper and clothes. Guess we pooped her out!


video

BTW, enjoy the video. It's going to be a long time before I put one of these up on blogger again. It took 25 minutes to upload! Guess I need to look into YouTube or something. It can't take that long for other folks, so I must be doing something wrong. But, the video is cute. I have another, longer one but I can't even imagine how long that would take to upload. Anyone out there with hints or suggestions, fill me in? :)

3 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

How very sweet!! Love the cup haning out her mouth too, our is a pacifier. LOL

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Hi Kiy - love the pictures and the video! I too have had problems with video uploading - even to You Tube, but not quite that long.

Barbara said...

How cute is she! I just love the almost asleep one.