Good news, there wasn't a dud on the menu! Of course, we'd had four of the meals before, with only the tuna melts being new but hey, take your successes where you find them, right?! If you haven't tried the Tilapia, now's the time. It is SO good and SO easy, every time we have it we just dive in. In fact, Emi ate an entire fillet herself. She loves fish, but wow! The Thai Cowboy Marinade rocks, and was just as yummy as we remembered, that's a good go-to marinade for almost anything (chicken, beef, pork). One last thing, I realized as I was putting the corn together last week that I didn't share exactly what it is I do to corn before tossing it on the grill. It's great and super easy. For those of you that aren't into spice (like me!) you can either use just a bit of the seasoning or use your fav herb. Jerk-Grilled Corn on the Cob
On to this week. Lots planned, with the idea of trying to eat out of our pantry and freezer. Every meal is just that! I needed to buy a few items here and there (fresh veg's, that kind of thing) but for about 90% of the meals it's already on hand. Our food budget this week is gonna rock! I already made one thing tonight (back to the whole 'cooking on the weekend thing'). The Tuna Noodle Casserole from Scratch. Oh baby, total and complete yum. I will never ever make tuna noodle casserole the old way again! Only thing is, I ended up using the whole box of pasta (I used penne, about 13 oz) and I am glad I did. The sauce makes a lot and I think it might have been too soupy without more pasta. Also, I might try shredded Parmesan next time instead of the cheddar and double the bread crumb mixture. No, I can't leave any recipe alone!
Don't forget to visit Laura over at Organizing Junkie for more MPM! Have a great week.
- Sunday: Tuna Noodle Casserole from Scratch (one pot meal)
- Monday: Chicken Merlot With Mushrooms (crock pot meal), some kind of frozen vege, steamed rice
- Tuesday: 7-layer Salad, leftover chicken from Monday night
- Wednesday: Polynesian Roast Beef (crock pot meal), rice, some kind of frozen vege
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Friday: Crab Cakes, deli coleslaw, linguine with butter and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese (and probably frozen peas or carrots for Miss Emi)
- Yep, going to try putting this on the menu again!
- Saturday: Free Nite
- We tend to go out one nite a week, or need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.