Monday, December 17, 2007

BooMama Christmas Tour of Homes '07

It had been my plan to participate in this. It sounded fun and I figured it would get my behind in gear. I had plans, BIG plans (many of which made Jeff nervous). Jeff had a three-day weekend so we really did think we'd get some things done like, for example, oh ... put up the tree. I know, wow, we live on the edge. Sadly, the brand-spanking new tree I bought last year at an after Christmas sale for pennies (really, it was a steal!) ... did not have a stand in the box (not so much of a steal). Of course, I bought that tree in January, in Albuquerque, so there really isn't a whole lot I can do about it now (note to self: open the box and check parts before moving!). So the sad tree is sitting, in parts, in our family room waiting for Jeff to try and find us a stand. But honestly, that was the only thing that was going to get done this year and the only reason it was going to have lights is because it came pre-lit (love THAT!). I toyed with plugging the tree in anyway but you will all be happy to know that I didn't. Tempting, though.

The reason for all this non-decorating. Little Bit. She started running a low-grade fever and added a serious case of the grumpies. This child is NEVER grumpy. Took temps and fed baby Tylenol and Motrin most of the weekend. Thank goodness this child loves berry flavored meds.

She and I got zero-to-no sleep last night, so on that note we are off to try and take a nap. Yes, I know it's 7:30 a.m. Anyone volunteering to take the night shift tonight, just let me know. :)

I didn't sign up for the festivities as I didn't really participate, but you should head on over to BooMama's place. The last time I looked there were almost 200 bloggers showing off their wonderful homes all decked out for the holidays. I hope to get a nice steamy cup of coffee later in the day, curl up and wander through everyone's homes myself. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lythrum said...

I love the snowmen, they are adorable. :) BTW, check your e-mail.

Kiy said...

Okay, I am slow but now ... check yours! Oh, and congratz. We needed another little ranger-in-training around!

/hugs