Emi is finally down for the night, so I am going to cut this short and steal a couple of hours for ME! I have finally picked up my stitching again and it's calling my name. Have a wonderful, and safe, holiday weekend.
Don't forget to stop by Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more Menu Plan Monday.
- Sunday: *What I Didn’t Get to Last Week
- No matter how much I plan or promise myself I won’t laze out and just say, “scrounge night”, it happens. At least once a week. So, I end up with a menu and (usually) ingredients for one meal (sadly, sometimes more than one). So here is my plan to not waste anything and to use up that meal. If, on the other hand I am fabulously organized and manage to make all planned meals … I hereby declare Sunday nights PIZZA night. Order in, Kiy does nothing, Pizza night!
- This week it was the Fresh Salmon and Tuna Steaks from our newly found fish monger (using the Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia recipe), lo mein style noodles, sautéed zucchini from the farmer’s market. However, we didn’t have that tonight as our fish monger closed on Sunday’s. We will have it later in the week, on a day that is convenient for Jeff to stop on his way home (last week, there wasn’t a day that was for him).
- Instead, we had CORN (haha!). I finally got to use this, thanks to many who told me about it, especially Tamy at 3 sides of crazy. We ate up ALL the leftovers, made Emi a cheese omelete, and made me happy to have a mostly empty fridge. Off to the grocery store tomorrow, yes on Labor Day!
- Monday: Steaks on the grill with Thai Cowboy Steak Marinade, baked potatoes, Spinach and Mandarin Orange Salad (I’ve been craving this salad!)
- Tuesday: Cooking Light’s Zesty Cheese Ravioli, probably some frozen peas for Emi
- Wednesday: Salmon and Tuna steaks night, I hope!
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Friday: Hamburgs on the grill (beef farmer bugers), homemade sweet potato fries, peas and/or carrots
- Saturday: Free Nite
- We tend to need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.