My friend Gina shared a recipe with me last week that I just can't get out of my mind. So, I have it on the menu for this week even though buying yet more beef was not in my grocery budget. Check out the Cinnamon-Beef Noodles, doesn't that look totally yummy?
Jeff had last Friday off, so he went to the farmer's market with Emi and I. While we were there, we talked with the fish guy. Come to find out, he has a store here and it's quite near Jeff's office. A fish monger, just like Alton Brown! Sweet, we are quite thrilled with this latest development. Now if we could just find a pork and chicken farmer, we'd be set! Oh, and the fish monger has a local source for buffalo. We love buffalo steaks, ground meat, just about anything!
The Orange-Ginger Chicken recipe is an oldy but goody. I used to make it all the time and for some reason got out of the habit. It's quick and very easy, and extremely tasty! It's one of those, no-one can mess it up recipes!
Don't forget to stop by Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more Menu Plan Monday!
- Sunday: *What I Didn’t Get to Last Week
- No matter how much I plan or promise myself I won’t laze out and just say, “scrounge night”, it happens. At least once a week. So, I end up with a menu and (usually) ingredients for one meal (sadly, sometimes more than one). So here is my plan to not waste anything and to use up that meal. If, on the other hand I am fabulously organized and manage to make all planned meals … I hereby declare Sunday nights PIZZA night. Order in, Kiy does nothing, Pizza night!
- Sunday: Hamburgs on the grill, homemade French fries, Oriental Salad, cantaloupe slices, grapes
- Monday: Cinnamon-Beef Noodles, frozen peas for Emi, green salad for Jeff & I
- Tuesday: Fresh Salmon and Tuna Steaks from our newly found fish monger (yes, probably using the Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia recipe, yum!), lo mein style noodles, sautéed zucchini from the farmer’s market
- Wednesday: Chicken Tortilla Bake – this week’s *What I Didn’t Get to Last Week
- Thursday: Leftover Buffet
- Friday: Orange-Ginger Chicken, steamed rice, sugar-snap peas
- Saturday: Free Nite
- We tend to need a night of not making dinner for various reasons. I am factoring this in my menu plan each week, but it won’t necessarily always (or often) be on a Saturday.